Monday, May 4, 2015

MY FAVES: HAKU



HAKU: I'm going to buck the trend here and admit that most of my top films are NOT those based on fairy-tales! Even though it is the newest, Big Hero 6 has jumped straight to the top of my list. No other film in the collection has made me say "AGAIN!" as soon as it finished. I've always been a big fan of The Emperor's New Groove for its off-the-wall comedy. As was mentioned before, Frozen is so far removed from Hans Christian Andersen's "Snow Queen" it's practically an original story.

 

HAKU: While I certainly bow to the pioneering talents of the artists who established and then pushed the envelope with hand-drawn animation, I am more excited by the possibilities of digital. I see it as an evolution; so many of the skills needed for 2D animation are also required for 3D - and then some! I think Walt Disney himself would be proud of what his company has produced in recent years.


No comments:

Post a Comment