Sunday, April 13, 2014

DONALD'S TIRE TROUBLE (1943)

RELEASE DATE: Wednesday 29th January 1943

SYNOPSIS: Donald is driving a little too fast in his car, and blows a tyre. (Tire?) His challenge then, is to change a tyre. Not that difficult, right? Nothing is ever easy for Donald Duck, especially since World War II has created a rubber shortage, and blowouts need to be patched rather than replaced. Hilarity ensues.


SHENZI: I love the slapstick humour in this, when everything just goes from bad to worse.


MALEFICENT: I love how he just keeps getting stuck in things!


IRVYNE: Poor Donald. The universe just doesn't love him.


PASCAL: I'm very glad we don't have a rubber shortage... and we have roadside assist. I didn't understand why the crank was so long.


IRVYNE: Maybe back then they just didn't understand how to do cranking properly. I like this cartoon. It's not Donald's greatest theatrical short, but there's some good laughs in here.


No comments:

Post a Comment