Sunday, March 9, 2014

BONE TROUBLE (1940)

RELEASE DATE: Friday 28th June 1940

SYNOPSIS: Pluto sees that his neighbour Butch the Bulldog has a nice, juicy bone, and he'll do anything in his power to steal it for himself!


IRVYNE: For some reason I've never been a huge fan of Pluto's. I like this cartoon, and there's a couple of his shorts that make me laugh, but I'd never put him in the same league as Donald Duck.
  
MALEFICENT: Pluto probably has the most expressive face of the classic Disney characters. He doesn't talk, so expressions is the only method of communication. He cracks me up every time.
 
  
WENDY: It's hard to call Pluto the hero in this. He's very naughty, stealing that bone!
 
 
IRVYNE: Yeah, I felt a bit bad for Butch, when Pluto ended up claiming the bone!


MALEFICENT: There's a lot of cleverness in this cartoon. I love the way the music matches the visuals exactly, like when he's creeping up to Butch's kennel.


WENDY: I thought the mirrors were very clever, with Pluto becoming other animals.


IRVYNE: Not exactly scientific, but fun nonetheless.


MALEFICENT: I don't know that they needed to repeat the "running through random entrances and exits" gag. Once on the street was good, but they had it again in the carnival, and AGAIN in the hall of mirrors... But "meh" - kids love that gag.


2 comments:

  1. I liked the belly dancer poster gag in this cartoon. It was very clever and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the belly dancer poster gag in this cartoon. It was very clever and nice.

    ReplyDelete